Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Opener Closing Issue

Hello all I’m having trouble with my garage door not shutting properly. When the garage door is in the open position and the button is depressed from either the remote or the hardwired garage connection the door begins to close. When the garage door is approximately three inches from the ground progress stops and the door reverses direction. I can then press the button to stop the upward progress which freezes the garage door in place. I then press the button again and the garage door closes completely. The problem and the fix both occur and resolve the issue every time.
    I also wanted to thank those for viewing this post and any responses would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lee

Could well be that your door springs are not balanced well enough, seems that the door is slightly jamming on the way down causing the safety reverse to cut in. Does this door have the springs set on either side of the overhead door tracks or is running above the door from left to right ?
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Check the photo eyes.

it is often the case where a door that is almost closed the rollers can move the track causing a misalignment of the photo eyes. Especially if you have a chamberlain, (craftsman or liftmaster). You may need to adjust the sensitiity setting. Check the springs, probably not the problem. also sometimes something attached to the door can break the photo eye beam, causing it to reverse, (spider webs, struts).

Ryan

Comment

Working...
      X
      =