Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudjacking

Will mudjacking correct uneven patio that was poured around a sweetgum tree?

Jacking will lift about anything however your problem is the opposite for what the jacking is designed to do, jacking is to lift SUNKEN slabs and or foundations. In your case your trying to lift up a slab to meet a slab that is being raised by the tree, you will never win this battle as the tree will keep lifting the slab for years (other slabs as well).
    Another problem you are going to have is eventually the slab/s that lift from the tree WILL crack and the part not held by the tree root will fall back down to the dirt from were it came.
    If it were me, I'd bear with it for not and when the slabs start cracking remove them and put in a deck that is more accommodating to being close to trees like a low set wood deck.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks....actually, there are two or three raised cracks about 1/2 inch wide 3 or 4 feet long running horizontally on the patio (not seen in the photo.) There is a huge crack, about 2 inches wide running vertically the height of the patio on the outside of patio. I suppose there is no quick/inexpensive solution to this problem. I'm not a fan of wood decks, too much mainteance and splinters (kids, dogs, etc) . However, they are cheaper than concrete! Maybe building up a deck 4 inches or so over the existing patio may be a solution. Tearing out the patio to build a deck will be a massive undertaking because our patio is huge. Thanks for your response!

Comment

If you want your concrete to lay flat you'll have to remove the tree or place the concrete somewhere else, unless somebody else here knows more that I do.

Comment

Are you sure that the roots are not pushing it UP?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =