Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile: Function error code = "FO"

My GE Profile Dual Fuel Convection range (Model # J2B915SEH1SS) touch controls become unresponsive and display screen gives a function error code of "FO" after oven runs for awhile. After I reset the circuit breaker the clear off button works after the oven cools down and then the process repeats itself all over again. Any ideas on what might be going on would be much appreaciated.

Thank you,

sjalter

Multiple possibilities

GE range model J2B915SEH1SS touch controls become unresponsive and display screen gives a function error code of "FO"
    An F0 fault code can indicate 3 different things; A defective electronic control, a 'stuck' button in the control's keypad or a relay of the control "turned on" (which would usually cause an overheating condition).

If the range is not overheating when the error occurs, that should leave just the electronic control and the keypad (which is part of the control panel) as the most likely possibilities.

A test that can sometimes be used to isolate whether the keypad or control is responsible is to disconnect one from the other to see if the error returned. If the error returned even while the keypad was disconnected, it would point to a problem with the control being the most likely. If not, the control keypad would be suspect (but not absolutely guaranteed to be the cause).

LINK > GE J2B915SEH1SS Electronic Control

LINK > J2B915SEH1SS Control Panel and Keypad

Being as you say it only occurs while heating, that test may not be able to be performed since you would not be able to operate the oven with the keypad disconnected. It might however be able to be disconnected while the error was present to see if the display changed in the process.

Working on a 'live' appliance can be dangerous. It is not advised that persons unfamiliar with standard safety procedures attempt it.

... after oven runs for awhile.
    My guess is that there may be a 'cold solder joint' in the electronic control which is affected by the heat generated during cooking. Such a failure would usually require the control to be replaced.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan O,

Thanks very much for your reply what you are saying sounds logical. While I am pretty handy around the house your diagnosis of the problem leads me to believe this may be one problem that I should turn over to a professional. I just wanted to see if the "FO" code would point to one possible problem. Thanks again for your time and effort explaining the possibilities. When I find out exactly what is wrong I'll post the solution.

sjalter

Comment

Turned out to be the touch button controls.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =