Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retro fit light fixture

I recently bought a ceiling mounted light fixture (at a habitat for humanity re-store - it looked brand new, just no box). I installed it, it works fine. There was a sticker on the inside of the fixture, reading:

Caution Risk of Fire. "For supply connections, use wire rated for at least 90*C. Most dwellings built before 1985 have supply wire rated 60*C. Consult a qualified electrician before installing."

My house was built in 1961. I have not changed any wiring. The light fixture works fine, but I have not kept it turned on for extended lengths of time until I get some feedback.

Any comments/suggestions on this?

Thanks,
    Jon

Since none of us can actually see the wiring in your house to actually judge the make and condition of the wire that is connected to the fixture, it is best to have someone come out and look at it in person. Your in pretty good shape considering you don't use the fixture often, but it is always good to go according to the manufactures recommendations to be on the safe side, especially since your not sure of the wiring you see, or its true rating.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =