Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor heater repairs

Now that the weather is warmer and "any" chance of snow is small to non existent, it is a good time to overhaul and maintain your monitor heaters. Unplug the unit, shut off and disconnect the fuel line, remove the exhaust tube nut and gasket, pull the unit out of the wall and get it to a workbench. Remove the front panel and vacuum the heat exchanger fins. Open up the fuel sump and clean any sludge gunk off the bottom of the sump. Clean the sump filter. Take the fan guard off remove the fan blade and wash with soap and water. The combustion blower uses ball bearings but there may not be a fiber dust cover on them. Lubricate these with a light machine oil. The fan, same light machine oil. Use a solvent to clean the flame rod. Take the cover off the combustion pot and look at the burner mat. If its all curled up replace it. Look at the burner head if its really distorted replace it. Look at the air holes. Use a small wire brush to clean these. Use new gaskets when replacing the covers.

Hi there! I just spent 30 minutes composing a PM to you, which the site kindly deleted and politely told me I cant PM until I have 5 posts..*sigh* I have a monitor 2200 thats a year old that I purchased from Adirondack hardware. This week we were in E-town on vacation when the unit decided to give me a error 13. Is there a place I can download/purchase/beg/borrow/steal a service manual from? Any help would be apprecated. Thank you!

Comment

look into a few places on this forum. a user was kind enough to scan in pdf format a service manual for downloading. its basically a flow chart that gives symptoms and related fixes. they call me the monitor guru so I guess you can fire away problems at me.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Im kind of seeing your the Monitor Guru. I was frightened out of my gourd when I happened to run across the Al luciesomething site before finding this one. Considering I did alot of talking to ppl, and they all said (In Elizabethtown) that Monitor was *the* way to go. I'll let you know what I find out.

Comment

you must be [somewhere] around keeseville. my wife's from keeseville.

Comment

Yes, our summer/hopefully this year winter home is in Elizabethtown. I am originally from Yonkers though I live in Dutchess county now. Im into fishing, and now one of our daughters is doing snowboarding so i have to get the place set up for wintertime weekends and the lovely 20 below temps.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =