Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt Driven Genie Pro Max Opener

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with my garage door opener not opening or closing.

Whenever I activate the opener, the motor begins turning as normal but the belt doesn't move at all. When the motor is turning in a certain direction, it makes an odd clicking noise. When it's turning in the other direction, there is no noise and it sounds as if it's turning normally.

I don't know what could have caused this. There were no warning signs up to the opener breaking, everything was operating normally up to this point. I have tried adjusting opening and closing force, but to no avail.

Could this be a serious problem? Is there a part I may need to replace?

When I look at the gear (attached to the motor) that turns the belt itself, everything seems normal. When I activate the garage door motor, the gear doesn't seem to spin at all.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Tux

P.S. The opener is about 4 years old.

I'm not a door pro, but it sounds like a friction slip clutch. gdoorpro comes in once in a while - he's the expert.

Comment

Sounds like the gear broke

I believe there is a plastic gear inside the transmission case that has probably broken. If you take apart the motor you would find that the gear is about 3-4" in diameter and is probably broke in half. you could get a replacement part from any genie or Overhead Door Comany dealers. If you described the problem to them They would probably be able to figure it out. Also check the springs on your door. IF one of them broke, the extra force needed to lift the door would be enough to break the gear, especially if you have been trying to run the operator several times.

Ryan

Comment

Thank you very much for the replies, I will see if I can get that gear.

Thanks.

Tux

Comment

Working...
        X
        =