Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door opener carriage

hello,
    I have been having some problems with my garage door opener carriage disengaging by itself . I engage it and after a couple of uses (3-5) the screw rotates but the door does not move, the carriage disengages itself. I checked the screw for any inperfections that would disengage the carriage but i see nothing. I'm afraid that if i replace the carriage the same thing will continue happening. I have been looking all over the internet for an answer but can't find any info. please help.

replace the carriage

If you take the carriage off, you will be able to see that the carriage is probably worn out. There is no way other than a defective carriage for this part to be forced out of operation other than pulling the cord.

Lubricate the screw drive regularly (clean out old gunk first) and you can extend the life and silence on your opener. Ryan

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Ill pull the carriage to see if it is worn out.
      the other reason I was thinking it was poping out would be the conection between sections of the screw drive but i checked them yesterday and they seen ok, but I don't know what to look for really.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =