Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleated Filter in Honeywell F50F?

Hello. I have a Honeywell F50F electronic air cleaner on my HVAC system. It came in a house I purchased. I am not overwhelmed with how well it works and it is something of a pain to wash it - it entails 2 trips into the crawl space (once to remove and again to replace after washing).

So I am wondering if I can, after turning off the power to the unit, replace the electronic elements with a pleated filter? My measurements of the two electronic elements (end to end as they sit in the housing) is 4-3/8 x 19-7/8 x 19-1/2 inches.

I have been looking online trying to find an exact fit. I have found only this one "furnacefilterwarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FC200E1011&Show=Tec hSpecs"
    which says the actual size is 19 7/8" X 19 7/8" X 4 3/8" and this one "furnacefilterwarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HWP20204M11&Show=Te chSpecs"
    which says the actual size is 20"x19 7/8"x4 3/8".

There seems to be a generic filter size called a 20x20x4 but often has an actual size of 19.5 x 19.5 x 3.75 (seen at Amazon and elsewhere).

If I can do the swap of electronic for pleated filters, I am not sure which of the above is the best choice. How much does it matter that the fit is "exact"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Check with the manufacturer of your unit for the specs and further information

Comment

The air bear 500 will work for what you need. HVAC Online Store featuring Allergy, Pleated, Air Bear, & Space-gard filters, at wholesale pricing.

Comment

By the way, is it possible (or preferable) to use multiple 20x20x1 inch filters stacked up instead of the single wider filter? Or would this likely reduce airflow too much? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hvacwiz View Post
          Hi and thanks. About the only thing I can find on that website is this "hvac-filters.org/detail.cfm?ID=AB&storeid=1" and it says that it measures 24-1/4x19-3/4x4-7/8. I don't see how that could fit my unit. Am I missing something?

Comment

stacked filters wouldn't work as the first layer will catch all the dust. nothing would make it through to the second or third layer.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =