Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting laminate cabinets

Our kitchen cabinets have what looks like a baked on "laminate" finish. Is there any way to paint over this stuff?

scuff the cabinets with 100 grit sandpaper or open coat aluminum oxide. then paint with a spray or fine brush

Comment

I'd tried and true. It works!

Comment

The laminate is peeling up from the particle board in several places. Would gorilla glue be good for gluing this stuff back down, or would you guys recommend something else. Also, would you guys prime them first after scuffing?

Comment

Hi, To paint laminate kitchen cabinets, first empty them out and clean them well with soap and a scrub brush if necessary, then take the doors off. The best method to get a nice smooth finish is with a sprayer or spray paint, but cabinets can still get a high quality finish by using a good quality paintbrush. Oil based primer or latex based primer are commonly used for painting kitchen cabinets.

Comment

I've painted laminate cabinets before - used a good primer first, Kilz, let that completely dry 24 hours and then painted with a gloss white paint, I used Pittsburg, it was a little thin and needed two coats but it turned out looking like new. I also dressed the cabinet up with new hardware... I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the actual laminate peeling up, I do not have a suggestion but the gorilla glue sounds like a good idea, hope it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =