Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Gone Crazy? $175/gallon?

I'm a total novice @ concrete - however I have been researching what's out there in the market in terms of the many concretes. Blind of awareness of price I determined something called "Flexkrete" was a fit for me (driveway repair). I figured, how much more expensive can it be than...lets say Quikrete 5000? Well I learned how much more expensive, a whopping @ $175 / Gal. ? Total Sticker Shock! Okay, maybe this is not technically a "concrete" and a "Vinyl Polymer".....but it's intended for the same applications as a concrete. Any similar alternatives out there for those of us who are not Bill Gate$? There's gotta be something out there on par - but does not cost an arm & a leg...

what do you want to do with the concrete? apply a patch? skim coat? fill in holes?

Comment

Hey, fixing a 70' curved strip of a cement driveway on an incline of about 30 degrees - with moisture close to one side/point (draining from rain). was quoted $4,500 to have the 70's area of 3' concrete slab jackhammered and removed - ne cement layed. The company that quoted said they don't like to "patch" as it last 6 - 9 months only. So I am now learning about Polymer Concrete solutions that are "DIY". Going this route I'd like the most advanced compound out there for the job....yet also simple. Came across another product called, "FlexSet" that's $104/5 Gal bucket. Seems to be 1-2-3, clean, pour, & smoothen.

Comment

forgot...mixed bag of filling holes & cracks....some loose areas where the concrete is puzzled....

Comment

Then if you're thinking of a polymer, expect to pay for it! Patch-crete is used on warehouse floors but it is expensive! Regular 3000 pound test concrete from a truck is the best way to repair the wall you speak of.

Comment

Maricote makes a resurface product that cost $170 a kit and covers 250 sq feet.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =