Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sagging eaves

Hey folks, Newbie here and I need some advice. Small ranch type house with hip roof with an eave that jaunts out over the porch about 5 foot. I wanting to have new gutters installed but have discovered the the eave over the porch is sagging a couple of inches and has become the low spot of my guttering. How do i lift the eave back to the correct height and make it stay? There is no pole to brace it and I really don't want to add one. Any ideas? I thought about taking the sheeting of the bottom of the eave and pushing the eave back up and adding plywood brace to each of the joist ( like a sandwich of rafter and plywood) Has anyone tried this? Any expert framers out there?
    Thanks for your time.
    doug

is the rafter cracked inside the roof? or has the wall bowed out a bit and the "bird's mouth" become unfastened from the rafter?

Comment

You really need to find out "why" the rafters have sagged. If one is broken then it's a simple matter of replacing it, however if they have warped then it's a whole new repair avenue that you will need to go down.
      Remove the under side covering and have a look at possible reasons for the sag.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =