Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag A107 Series 01 washer does not oscillate, skips to next cycle

My wife and I received a very old Maytag A107 Series 01 washer a few years ago. Within the last few weeks, the washer has halted after filling and will not oscillate or spin until after 4-8 minutes or even until the next part of the cycle. Once it does start spinning, I or my wife stop the washer as soon as possible and set the cycle to start again. This alone was annoying, but it doesn't happen every time and the workaround was acceptable.

More recently, the washer has started skipping to the next cycle (e.g. moving from delicate cycle to permanent press cycle) instead of stopping at the end of a cycle. When the cycle does end before moving to the next type, the washer would not drain roughly half the time.

Last week, it took over 4 hours to wash just 2 loads of laundry because of these issues.

My wife and I aren't expecting this washer to last forever, but we hope to move into a house in the next 6-12 months and do not want to purchase a new washer and dryer before then. If we can eke even less than a year out of our washer, we'll be glad.

Given the issues described above, what do you all advise?
    Last edited by Peretz; 10-11-2009, 05:34 PM. Reason: Added paragraph breaks

after filling [it] will not oscillate or spin until after 4-8 minutes or even until the next part of the cycle... the washer has started skipping to the next cycle instead of stopping at the end of a cycle
    I can't think of anything that would cause those symptoms besides a timer problem.

LINK > Maytag A107 Washer Timer

the washer would not drain roughly half the time.
    The timer may not have been energizing the drain cycle long enough or there may be a problem with the washer's pump or the drain hose or house plumbing may be restricting the flow of water for some reason.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan I have seen two solenoids mounted on the transmission yoke that when energized shifts the yoke into the agitate mode. there are two bars with a machined cutout in it that the solenoid's plungers and a cross bar go into.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518
        I have seen two solenoids mounted on the transmission yoke that when energized shifts the yoke into the agitate mode.
        That system was only used on Whirlpool built belt drive washers. No other makes (including Maytag) used such a system.

JFYI

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =