Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Switch

My wife and I moved into a home last year. The previous owners had done a little bit of updating, specifically in the master bedroom. The strangest thing, though. We had a group of three switches on the wall when you first come into the room. One switch controls an outlet, one switch sends power to the ceiling fan (which operates on a wireless remote) and the third one is a mystery. It certainly has electricity going to it - I checked it with a volt detector.

We've been going nuts trying to figure out what this switch does.

I even tried calling the previous owner - with no luck.

I had an electrician in for a different job a while back and before he left, I asked him about what he thought it might be. He said that it might have controlled a light that was attached to an older ceiling fan that was in place before the new one was put in.

Any thoughts?

about the only thing you can try is get a circuit tracer made by the IDEAL co. it imparts a tone on a wire which you trace with a receiver. if you have access to an attic above the room you can try to figure out where the wire goes if you have access to the floor or rafters.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =