Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• find sewar line

Cannot find main sewar line from house. what is the easiest way to find it?

easiest way is to find somebody that works for the telephone company. they have a tool in their truck that they use to find buried phone lines. it is basically a transmitter that impresses a tone on a wire and a receiver that picks up this tone. the tone will tell you where the wire is and how far down it is. what you do is slip a metal snake down the sewer pipe and put the tone on the snake then go outside and search the ground with the receiver. when you find the snake the tone will change pitch and its meter will indicate a "null point" the distance from the receiver and the ground indicates how many feet it is to the pipe. other than that and digging I don't know of any other way.

Comment

Call your local utility, JULIE in IL and tell them you are going to dig, they will mark your yard up with the utility lines ( at least you will have a starting point) to work from.
      Is it beer thirty??

Comment

I use a Ridgid See-Snake and Navitrak II Locator...

If I'm going to dig a line and put in a clean-out I usually like to do it in the area where the problem exists to kinda kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.
        I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =