Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermador Stove Top Igniter Problem

Best I can tel by reading upside down and NOT being able too find my numerous pairs of glasses its model # SGSCV36GW serial 95030393. In order to light 3 of the 4 burners I have to do it manually.
    I removed all the igniters and cleaned them but still NG.

Did some looking around at parts and could it be the Spark module kit? If it is where is it? Any idea on a manual on this stove top?

Thx

I have to [light 3 of the 4 burners] manually
    Do they spark when turned on?

Any sounds when turned on?

could it be the Spark module kit?
    I'm sure that could be one possibility, yes.

I am not familiar with that cooktop's actual constructions but a problem in the burner ignition switches, the wiring from them to the spark module, the wiring from the spark module to the spark electrodes at the burners and a problem with the spark electrodes themselves could likely also cause ignition problems.

Any idea on a manual on this stove top?
    You could ask Thermador if one is available for purchase.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dan O.

Do they spark when turned on?

Any sounds when turned on?

I'm sure [the spark module] could be one possibility, yes.
      I only get one to spark even when I switched them around. I didn't mark which one did spark before I cleaned and moved them.

I did find a spark module here:
      Part Details - BOSCH Spark module kit, part number: AP2836547
      Last edited by Dan O.; 11-16-2009, 01:33 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

I'm wondering if its just better of replacing the whole unit but my concern is matching up the down draft exhaust. Will anything new match up or am I looking at a real PITA job.
        BTW the current unit is about 15+ yo. Not sure its worth putting $ into it.

Comment

my concern is matching up the down draft exhaust. Will anything new match up or am I looking at a real PITA job.
          About the only thing that would match up exactly (or very close) would likely be another Thermador model. You'd have to check with them whether they still make a model of close enough design. Otherwise you'll likely have to deal with the venting... whatever it takes.

But before replacing it, if you can't isolate the cause yourself I suggest you call in a professional. It would likely be less costly (and less headaches) than replacing it.

PS. I suggest a Thermador *factory authorized* service depot if you call for service.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Called thermador and they have no direct replacement. So either cabinet or countertop modifications will have to be made.

Comment

Got another chance to take a look at the stove. The actual problem is the igniters are loose and are in contact with the burners. There are supposed to be small O rings that hold the igniters in place.
              I loosened/removed the venturi but still can't get the drip plate off, tried gently prying it off with a plastic scraper but no go.

Comment

Glad to hear you might have isolated the problem but unfortunately I am not familiar with your appliance design to offer any service tips.

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thx Dan,
                  I'll figure it out eventually.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =