Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• presidential 2 Coleman gas heater

Ok, I have a coleman gas heater, presidential 2. Model # 7655-856. The burner lights, the blower comes on and off in about one minute intervals. We have had the temp switch replaced, and it is still doing the same thing. I turned it on yesterday morning and it took it about 2 hours to warm this place up 4 degrees. This is in a mobile home.

you say temperature switch. are you referring to the thermostat? take the cover off it and look for a slider for adjusting the cycle time. it will be calibrated in Ma or milliamperes. This is the current of your gas valve also rated in milliamperes. just match the numbers as close as you can. another name for this slider is the heat anticipator. what this does is sense the room temperature when the room's temperature approaches the set point of your thermostat and begins to throttle back the burner. it may overshoot the set point a couple of degrees but you can live with that. it then starts to cool down before the actual "stat" does and restarts your burner. the thermostat has a proportional band built into it to keep from short cycling the burner.

Comment

No, I am not referring to the thermostat, and the thermostat I have does not have what you are talking about in it, it is a digital readout, and just has a circutboard. I have looked for the anticipator, and a slider. On the reciept for the replaced switch, it says, " fan on thermodisc failure", replace temp switch. I have no problem with the furnace lighting. The problem is the blower comes on for about a minute, then goes off for a few minutes, then back on for a minute. I forgot to mention also, that this is AC/heating unit. We are having the same problem after the repair as before the repair.

Comment

sounds like you need to do some electric testing. Check the power going to the motor after
        it turns off If there is still power there, you might have a motor with a internal over load switch built into it. If this is happening check the amp on the motor and then take a amp check to see what the running amps is when the motor is running. Roll the the blower fan or
        wheel by hand and see if it is rolling free, or is it getting tight from a bad bearing or dry bearing. Make sure the blower wheel or fan is clean. Is your gas pressure up where it should be so it is producing enough heat to keep the blower on. later paul

Comment

The blower runs very freely. it has to be something with one of the switches, because it cycles off and on. On for about a minute, then off for awhile, then on for a minute and it continues this way.

Comment

Originally posted by laidback5252 View Post
            The blower runs very freely. it has to be something with one of the switches, because it cycles off and on. On for about a minute, then off for awhile, then on for a minute and it continues this way.
            Does your blower plug in so you can plug it in a cord to see if it will run steady??
            When the blower turns off does the burner stay on, and did the burner turn off before the blower turned off? Does this blower have a start or run capacitor on it? paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul52446m View Post
              Does your blower plug in so you can plug it in a cord to see if it will run steady??
              When the blower turns off does the burner stay on, and did the burner turn off before the blower turned off? Does this blower have a start or run capacitor on it? paul
              I don't know how the blower is wired in, whether hard wired or not.Yes, when the blower goes off the burner stays lit, yes, normally the burner turns off before the blower turns off. I don't no about a capacitor on it. I do know when ever I use the AC, the blower works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by laidback5252 View Post
                I don't know how the blower is wired in, whether hard wired or not.Yes, when the blower goes off the burner stays lit, yes, normally the burner turns off before the blower turns off. I don't no about a capacitor on it. I do know when ever I use the AC, the blower works fine.
                Do you have a continuous blower setting on your thermostat? If so did you try turning your blower to the on setting and then turn the heat up to see if the blower and burner both stay on. paul

Comment

Working...
                X
                =