Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyo lifter pump rebuild

Does anyone know if the toyo lifter pumps are rebuildable?
    I have an older pump that is starting to make some noise while it is pumping, it is also taking quite a while to prime like after it has been turned off for a while. I picture the pump as having some o-rings that maybe worn out, I have cleaned the little filter that is on the bottom, that did not seem to help.
    Any help would be appreciated.

please go to the toyo site. they have a diagram of the pump. there is a plastic rod that goes from the motor to the pump assembly.

Comment

lift pump parts

HayZee518,
      I went and took a look, I have an older model OL-A-1, the book does not give a good break down like the newer models. It just shows a drawing of the internal parts, does not show a parts list like the newer model, maybe it is time to buy a newer model. I will go in and talk to the local dealer next time I make it into town. I will let you know what I find out

Comment

the lifter pumps from monitor and toyo are basically the same with some additions from either company, just so they can maintain their patent rights. I have never taken apart either lift pump since I started servicing the heaters, so YOU are going to be the expert on lifter pumps!

Comment

Originally posted by AKJoe View Post
          Does anyone know if the toyo lifter pumps are rebuildable?
          I have an older pump that is starting to make some noise while it is pumping, it is also taking quite a while to prime like after it has been turned off for a while. I picture the pump as having some o-rings that maybe worn out, I have cleaned the little filter that is on the bottom, that did not seem to help.
          Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks you for the post.
          Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Comment

New fuel pump

Ok so I just broke down and bought a new lifter pump, a Toyo brand pump.
            Got it installed and no longer any diesel smell upstairs. I think the old pump was worn out just enough where it was pulling so hard trying to go up two stories plus 70+ feet of copper tubing.
            Sometimes buying new is the way to go, no problems since I got it installed..

Comment

parts OLA1

Joe,

You did the right thing. Parts for the OLA lifter are no longer in stock in Anchorage. In the day you would have been able to buy a complete pump. Your new lifter will make much less noise as well.

Tom

Comment

Rebuild kit

Tom,
                When I get a minute I am planning on tearing it apart, I would think the new pump for it would have been darn near the price of a whole unit?
                Now that I have a new unit I won't mind taking the old one apart even if it does not go back together.
                Might post some pictures of the inside of it and what appears to have started to fail.
                Yes you are right the new lifter is whisper quiet, can't even hear it run over the circulation fan of the heater.
                Next will be a new heater, current one is one of the older small monitors that has a positive pressure in the burner so it does smell a little when running mostly on lightoff.
                Had it apart a few times and can't find the source of the leak.
                The monitor guy here in Fairbanks says I am not reassembling the heat exchanger to the burner can correctly. He says it takes two guys, one pushing the exchanger very tightly against the burner can to spread the flange around the burner prior to putting the screws in. Said the screws will not pull the exchanger up correctly alone.
                Have to try that...

Comment

smelling Monitor

Joe,

Most of the time when a Monitor has a smell, it is coming from the connection to the exhaust pipe. It is hard to get all the way in. Try some anti-seize on the "O" rings. When Monitor puts a stove together they glue both sides of the gaskets. Use burner mat glue. If your screws are going straight in on the exchanger, you can't get any better lined up. The Woodway should have all the gaskets and glue you need. A dab of glue on each screw head should help keep them from backing out and seal them up.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =