Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 441 hit a wall

I have done everything I can imagine to get this stupid thing running and the burner status light keeps blinking. What am I missing???? I am at my wits end and can't get anyone out to fix it. Thanx for your help in advance.

take it easy! don't bunch up yer shorts! the reason for the blinking lights are: no fuel, no flame, a plenum overheat condition, too much fuel. tell me exactly what you are observing.

Comment

pump is working-assuming that the fuel is getting to burner cuz the line is not clogged-the fuel rod is glowing and the burner does heat up. It just won't fire.

Comment

ok, here is the sequence: assuming there is fuel in the sump/pump tank - the combustion fan starts and purges anything in the combustion pot. the combustion pot ignitor heats up. [ you can verify this by touching the metal base of the combustion pot - it should feel warm] after purge the fuel pump starts to pump fuel to the burner mat. [you can verify this by holding your finger on the copper cappillary and feel the pulsations] you can also disconnect the fuel pipe going into the pot and hold it over a glass jar to see if fuel is coming out. the fuel pipe goes through the combustion pot into a fitting with a brass extension tube extending to the burner mat. if this is clogged with soot and carbon, nothing will come out. use a small drill to clean it out. get back to me what you found out.

Comment

We just found out that the pump isn't working to full capicity and someone put in the wrong line.

Comment

if you unscrew the fitting where the cappillary tube goes into the solenoid pump and look inside the fitting, you'll get some idea of the size the cappillary tube should be. the tube should be roughly one-eighth inch diameter [outside dimension] although it's probably metric. the inside of the tubing looks around one-thirty-second of an inch. so..............somebody must've hob-jobbed it with hopes of making it work [no, not you. the guy before you]

Comment

Working...
            X
            =