Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher soap dispenser won't open

Hi,

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher that is about a year and a half old (just outside of manufacturer's warranty). The model # is 665.13849k601.

The soap dispenser door does not open during the cycle, and as a result the dishes do not get clean because the soap is never dispensed. When I open the door after the cycle has run, the dispenser door does not pop open, but I can easily open it using the latch and it springs open.

Also, it seems to be an intermittent problem. I would say about half of the time it opens and half of the time it doesn't. I have seen that if the latch is not broken it could be a timer or a switch problem, but am wondering if anyone else has any suggestions of what it might be?

Also, how tough of a fix is this (I am pretty handy if I can get some guidance, but I certainly will call to a repairman if you guys think this is too tough to try at home)

Thank you so much for any help you can give

-Nick

I have seen that if the latch is not broken it could be a timer or a switch problem, but am wondering if anyone else has any suggestions of what it might be?
    It could be the electronic control (there is no "timer" on your model), the dispenser mechanism or a wiring problem. If the dispenser unit was receiving power but not activating, the dispenser itself would likely need to be replaced. No individual parts are available for the dispenser itself.

LINK > Kenmore 665.13849k601 Dispenser Asm.

how tough of a fix is this
    Replacing the dispenser shouldn't require anything more that an appropriate screwdriver(s). It can be accessed by removing the outer door panel.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =