Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monitor 441 heater combustion fan speed ajustment...

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 441 heater combustion fan speed ajustment...

hi, i have been reading and researching and finally figured out whats wrong with my heater. there is not enough air blowing into the combustion chamber. i have just replace the burner mat for $40. the flame is still yellow though. so i took a shop vac and blow air into the combustion fan and the yellow disapear turned into light blue, so the fan is not powerful enough. i read somewhere there is an adjustment switch, i couldn't find that post anymore.

The fan is not make any loud noise, i think it sounds as it should be.

i think it definitely needs more air. before i replace the burner the glass window would black out in a few minutes, it creating a lot of black stuff.

thank you.

farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/4193041518_1b600ca3fd.jpg
    farm3.static.flickr.com/2771/4193042906_a9535e070f.jpg

the forum wont let me post pics cause i need 15 post.
    Last edited by shinygolden; 12-17-2009, 10:50 AM.

the combustion fan is CONSTANT speed there is no switch for speed. two wires to the motor - that's it!

Comment

then i must be confuse it with something else. so i must replace the motor or the bearing?

the bearing is a 608z bore is 8mm as i read. where can i buy something like that?

i find a bunch of bearings on ebay. i kinda of need to get it fix quick. does home depot or lowes carry the bearings?

i am not sure if that will work but i gotta try.
      Last edited by shinygolden; 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

go to this site:
        10 Bearing 608ZZ 8x22x7 Shielded 608Z:Ball Bearings:VXB

Comment

thanks, i will update when i get the parts install.

Comment

i just took the thing apart, the bearing seems to spin very smoothly and quiet. i lube it with mobil 1. i also lube the flapper switch there. i put everything back up, and hope it work but its the same, at first it started with a small blue flame and then turn all yellow. i also have a monitor 41 in the room which works perfect so i went over and touch the combustion fan, the vibration is 10x stronger than the one on 441. this one when turn on is a nice quiet fan, it seems like it is on low setting compare the other one. my guess would probably be the combustion fan motor gone bad?? maybe? if the motor is bad, how come it is still spinning.

i am looking for a new motor now. where to look for? do they sell just the motor or the whole assembly? what price range am i looking at?

thanks hayzee, i know you are the expert here. .
            Last edited by shinygolden; 12-18-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

a new combustion blower motor will run you close to $150 plus shipping. try to find a place loacl to oregon. if not then research adirondack hardware, keeseville ny - 800-626-2686

Comment

i am in portland maine actually. we called one of the service guys and they say that you can adjust the air ratio somehow?? and it may not be a bad motor, i just talk to him on the phone, he could be just saying that so he can come over and check it out.

Comment

some units I'm told have a air damper adjustment within the blower shroud. two screws hold the damper solenoid in place. maybe these holes are elongated so you can adjust the opening and closing of the solenoid. the m41 damper is either open or closed.
                  I looked at the exploded diagram of the 441 and all I can see is a solenoid with a plastic flapper that is either open or closed. the combustion blower motor has three connections on it. one must be neutral the other two may be high and low speed. I cannot find a diagram of the motor connections - the way the windings are set up.
                  Last edited by HayZee518; 12-18-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

thanks for looking it up. i started it up again this morning, and i am amazed its working perfectly right now. the flame is nice clear blue. i must have done something right last night . the fan is very quiet compare to the 41. i am at a lost now. so the motor is working. i did removed some air restriction on the air intake pipe where the clamps are. so i cant decisively say what i did to fix it but it's working so i am happy.

Comment

Something I noticed when a company delivered my monitor 2400 last year. There's a set of three restrictor rings, one of which you insert into the intake hose just before the combustion blower. Maybe its one of these rings you removed to increase air flow to the burner pot. Instructions say these rings are calibrated to the pipe distance from where it goes through the wall. Anyway, its working for you - great!

Comment

yes indeed i did remove like 2 of those restrictors, one at the combustion fan opening at the back and one on the plastic air intake pipe where the clamps are, its working great the whole day today. .

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =