Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas Fire Place with Electronic Control is Shutting Off?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Fire Place with Electronic Control is Shutting Off?

My parents have a 36 DV EFIII fireplace from Fireplace Xtrordinair.

Here is the manual:
    www dot fireplacex dot com slash TravisDocs slash 100-01160.pdf
    The manual includes a wiring diagram.

It appears that the pilot light in the fireplace is automatically shutting off under certain circumstances.

My folks think it is some how related to a temperature differences, which I'm guessing may be related to one of the rheostats or thermocouples.

They've had a couple of folks out to look at it, but it sounds like the people were not able to fix it.

Are there any suggestions? It would be really helpful especially given the type of weather we are seeing here in the mid-west.

Thanks again.

your email address does not work, try redoing it. paul

Comment

Email not working?

Interesting...my email address appears to be correct...can you send a private message? Maybe that will work if the email is not working...Thanks again...

Comment

www dot fireplacex dot com slash TravisDocs slash 100-01160.pdf This is what is not working so i can't get your manual. later paul

Comment

Evidently I do not have enough posts in order to be able to post the actual URL, so I had to improvise with the URL.

Here is another try, so maybe this one will be a little closer:
          www . fireplacex . com / TravisDocs / 100-01160.pdf

Just remove the spaces and the URL should work...

Thanks again for any insights...

Comment

The pilot is run by a thermocouple in the pilot flame and screws into the gas valve. nothing in the electric wiring can put the pilot out. First thing, make sure you have a good blue pilot that is going out around the thermocouple and the thermopile. If its not blue then take the pilot apart and clean it. Next the thermocouple that screws into the gas valve needs to be tested. 18 millivolts or under it needs replacing, should get a test of 28 to 32 millivolts.
            If your thermocouple test good and your pilot is good your electro magnet in the gas valve could be getting weak. With a clean pilot, lite your pilot and let it burn for a few min. then blow out the pilot and time how long it take before you hear a click of the gas valve dropping out on safety. If it drops out real fast, change the thermocouple. Test the new thermocouple the same way, if it still drops out fast it could be a weak magnet in the gas valve. Keep in mind that when you clean the pilot, if you do not have the flame surrounding the thermocouple, you can try turning up the pilot pressure to get more pilot.
            Later Paul

Comment

Working...
            X
            =