Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door opener cold weather!

Have had 3/4 hp Craftsman garage door opener in house for past six years with no problems except this winter! When the temperature drops below 32 degrees garage door will not close with remotes. Only closes by holding wall-mounted control Any ideas on resolutions.

Thanks!

sensitivity setting

You need to adjust the close force setting. This is found on the motor where the wiring runs into the motor. Their will be 2 little blue screws with a #dial from 1-9. Turn the one labeled down a little and try operating the door. Adjust incrementally till door operates consistently.
    Ryan

Comment

Garage door opener cold weather!

Though I haven't made the adjustments as you've recommended in your reply to my "garage door opener cold weather" post; I do very much appreciate you taking time from your busy day to reply. I'll post the outcome after I've made the adjustments.

I'm looking forward in making the adjustment to ascertain whether it will resolve this issue.

Thanks

Douflyfish
      Last edited by douflyfish; 01-14-2010, 10:18 PM. Reason: Attempting to apply thanks button!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =