Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water and possible mold damage

I'm afraid I have mold damage on top of water damage in my home. I noticed some discoloration on my ceiling, which I'm guessing is coming from water damage. This is likely coming from between my ceiling and roof, and not from a leak in the roof because my roof has been inspected and there's no leaking. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the water and possible mold that is now there also? Is this a practical DIY project, or would it be better to call in the pros?

Thanks everybody!

while it may not be obvious where the water is coming from, you do have some water coming in someplace. are the damp spots actually wet? mold survives in dark and humid places. do you have any pipes between your roof and ceiling?

Comment

Yes, the discolored spots are slightly damp. I don't believe I have any pipe going above the ceiling in this room, but there could be. I don't think I'll be able to fix the leak myself because I don't even know how anything could be leaking. I've been looking up some pros for quotes on the estimated repairs, and the company IndoorRestore (indoorrestore.com) looks like it'd be really good. Heard anything about them?

Comment

Oh and I'm thinking about the pro's is because I don't know if there will be mold as well, and IndoorRestore does mold remediation too. I've seen other companies that do both, but these guys seem pretty good.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =