Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Concrete Floor

Can a concrete floor that has a swept broom finish on it be painted? The area in question is always dry never wet and has a light amount of foot traffic on it. If yes, what is the best type of paint to use?

Commercial grade epoxy, BUT make sure the surface is very clean.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Cleaning it first and rinsing it properly is essential. I've had great luck with UGL basement floor paint. it doesn't peel and wears great

Comment

I've had excellent results with the 2-part epoxies as well... but I can't emphasize this one point enough: CLEAN, CLEAN, and then CLEAN again. The performance of the epoxy is extremely contingent on how the floor is prepped. Almost all of these products require the floor to be cleaned and then etched with some sort of solution. Just realize that you will likely spend more time on prepping the floor than actually painting it.

Comment

Originally posted by HandymanCincy View Post
          I've had excellent results with the 2-part epoxies as well... but I can't emphasize this one point enough: CLEAN, CLEAN, and then CLEAN again. The performance of the epoxy is extremely contingent on how the floor is prepped. Almost all of these products require the floor to be cleaned and then etched with some sort of solution. Just realize that you will likely spend more time on prepping the floor than actually painting it.
          Yes! The prep so crucial and somewhat overlooked! When we did our bamboo flooring the prep was so light and it was mostly just making sure the planks joined snugly that took all the time.

Then we tackled the garage floor and it took far longer which I for one didn't expect. Thing is we used an acid/etching prep that gave the concrete a pitted surface that allowed the sealant and top coats to stick very well. After that we had to leave it alone for a week to guarantee proper curing/set. Nothing has lifted at all and we park daily drivers in there.

Comment

www.thesurfaceguardian.com floor paint

I have found in past experiences that surface guardian floor paint, it's the best on the market today. It does not peel, chip or crack for at least 20 years! It comes in a variety of colors and even comes in a clear for decks and driveways. If you are looking for a great product to concrete floor, I would suggest surface guardian floor paint. It's great!

Comment

You could use a tinted sealer, it will leave the texture of the concrete the same.

Comment

Concrete floor painting

One of the big popular things here is painting the floor. If you have a concrete slab, make sure to clean it, then clean it again. Having a clean starting surface is crucial to getting a good bond. Use an epoxy paint. If possible, try to find one that is designed for the type of space, or find one that is designed to be used in a garage. Those are designed for high traffic, and will usually have a very long warranty.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =