Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moss / Mold Removal from Patio

Every year I have had to use a pressure washer and alot of time to clean the green algea / mold stains that have accumulated on my concrete patio over the winter. This year I am going to try a new approach and use a commercial product. The two that I have seen are a products called "Wet & Forget" and "30 Second Cleaner". I have looked at both Web sites but they are advertising and pushing their product as could be expected.. Does anyone have any experience with either of these products or have another one that they have used with success?

Mold and algae need a porous surface to live on (hence they cannot create a colony on Teflon), this for 99.9% of us makes keeping it away almost impossible. I've seen and used many products that claim to keep mold/algae away with no success at all.
    Even glass top tables can propagate a colony even though glass is non porous, it's allowed to propagate by moisture sitting on the flat surface, the algae grows on the moisture that's why you can wipe it away with your finger without any problems.

About the best thing to do to your concrete area is to seal the concrete, I've used exterior epoxy's (similar to garage floor epoxy's) making the spring clean much easier (light bleach solution and a broom).
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

You can also use a special encapsulating paint, brands like Fiberlock, Fosters, IAQ etc. Make sure you remove all the mold from your patio first, your regular power washing approach will do just fine.

Or, if you are in New Jersey, you can get help of abmoldremediationnj.com

Good luck!

Comment

No, most exterior epoxies for flooring have additives to make them slip free.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I would spray with a 10% solution of chlorox in a pump up sprayer and just pressure wash it off later after it is "dead". The green stuff is growning on dirt mostly in a poorly drained surface. That green stuff can be slippery.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =