Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moen kitchen faucet.

Was helping cousin today with her leaky Moen kitchen faucet. Moen is very good about helping find the model number (7100) and is sending out the replacement cartridge. My problem is not being able to remove the handle, bezel or anything else on this! There are no visible screws, phillips or hex. How the heck does this one come apart? (without breaking it!!)

Is this the faucet, if it is the cap pops off revealing the screw.

or this link will take you to the newer Moen model 7100.

Note that on the newer models you unscrew the little lever from the handle and a grub screw is hidden inside.
    Last edited by pushkins; 02-20-2010, 07:34 AM.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Moen 7100

Thanks, Pushkins. It is the older style. Does the cap (93970) just pull straight up? It does not appear to have any other fastening to it.

Comment

I think that one has a little lip that runs around the inside of the cap.

Comment

Moen faucet

So the cap just pulls straight up? I just need to overcome that lip? After that I can access the center screw for further disassembly.

Comment

If it's same as the ones I'm thinking of (like in the diagram) you just grab a hold of the little top cap and pull it upwards maybe giving it a little twist, you might need a little bit of leverage if it's has some gunk build up but it should still be pretty easy.

Comment

Moen faucet

Thanks, Pushkins.

Comment

Ok.. I'm feeling a little dumb after reading here on the site but I have the older of the two types of Moen 7100 faucet which matches the 67130pt.pdf listed. I replaced the upper and lower outer o-rings which stopped the faucet from leaking underneath the sink but the so called "replaceable" cartridge (1225) is still leaking and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove it. I removed the little C-clip at the top and it would appear that the cartridge should simply pull up and out but I have pulled, turned, twisted, etc. with no luck. Can anyone suggest the proper way to remove it without destroying it?

Comment

Moen faucet....

A call to Moen will help you a lot. Great people to work with. There will be directions in the new cartridge they send you. No charge. For the one I repaired, it did just pull straight up. Difficultly, but it did come off that way. If memory serves, there was woe sort of screw on the handle top found after prying the cap free. Just make sure to shut the water first and open the faucet to relieve the pressure. It's easy after that.

Comment

You may need a Moen Cartridge removal tool...

I use this one by Pasco...
                    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
                    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
                    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
                    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =