Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ice maker-whirlpool ed25texhw00

I have a Whirlpool ed25texhw00 side by side fridge. Built in 1999. Works great except icemaker wont make ice. Water dispenser works great. Im a little concerned about the bail wire. It looks ok but I would like to check the switch there in case something is wrong. Is there a way to easily check it with a meter or eyeball? Once something was laying on the bail when it was trying to dump a load of ice. Possible damage? Im asuming water inlet valve is ok since the water dispenser is working ok. Also, is there documentation on how it works I could look at? Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks everyone

Modular Icemaker

I do not believe there are separate "switches" on that icemaker design. Most of its functions are contained within its "module". You can read about that particular icemaker design at the following link.

LINK > Whirlpool 'Modular' Compact Crescent-Mold Icemaker

Im asuming water inlet valve is ok since the water dispenser is working ok
    No, that is not necessarily the case. Each function uses a different side of a 'dual' water valve which operate independently of the other.

LINK > How do I test a water fill valve?

If the icemaker is just not filling, check the fill tube that goes through the rear of the cabinet for being frozen closed and blocked.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the info dan o. I used the resistance chart and jumper chart. Very helpful. Jumped the fill valve. It worked along with everything else. I noticed when the fill valve comes on during the cycle, it takes probably 2 seconds before any water comes out and it doesnt stay on more than a few seconds-info says 7.5 sec. Im not sure if the cube size adjustment would be that far out of adj so Im thinking maybe the contacts strip is damaged.

Comment

when the fill valve comes on during the cycle, it takes probably 2 seconds before any water comes out and it doesnt stay on more than a few seconds
        That doesn't sound right. The icemaker side of the valve may be slow opening or there may be a problem with water pressure to the valve.

LINK > ED25TEXHW00 Water Valve

info says 7.5 sec. Im not sure if the cube size adjustment would be that far out
        Once initially set, the water fill level should rarely need to be touched again. There is likely either a problem in the icemaker mechanism or the water supply.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

ice maker

I checked the water supply. It was strong. ok. I then unplugged the ref, removed the water valve, carefully disassembled it, cleaned it (found a small amt of hard water residue, not much) and reassembled it. Also checked the solenoids before and after. They seem to be free and working ok. Put the water valve back on. The water dispenser worked ok-water came on immediately when lever was pushed and ice maker made ice. Great. Then it went back to where it was. When water disp is pushed, solenoid buzzs and no water for 9 seconds. I havent replaced the cartridge filter in some time and removed it. Does this filter need to be installed for the ice maker to work because I dont have a filter on it.
          Thanks for any help
          Larry

Comment

Does this filter need to be installed for the ice maker to work
            On your model it looks like both the dispenser and icemaker water are filtered so I'd suggest you turn off the icemaker until the filter is installed or flooding may occur.

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Make sure the bail wire above the ice tray is in the down position.

There may not be enough water supply to the water valve. Check if the water supply line isn't kinked behind or beneath the refrigerator. Use 1/4-inch copper tubing rather than plastic fill line.

Check if there is some problem with the fill tube.

Visit hire-a-contractor-now.com/ getting cotractors for your home improvement project.
              Last edited by jamescorner; 03-23-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

ice maker

The bail is down ok. it seems to go through the cycle ok. I took the inlet feed line loose and turned it on. good strong stream. Its like lines are empty and it takes time for the water to get to the water disp and icemaker. The ice maker only allows a few sec to refil and I think it is timing out before the water gets there. The water valve seems to act ok but maybe Ill get a new one.

Comment

Ejector motor is mostly the main problem why ice makers of refrigerators fail to do ice. My suggestion here is try to test the three wire motor using the mulittester which is set to 10x ohms. If the result is zero or infinity, the motor needs a replaement.
                  Last edited by AceParkle; 05-08-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =