Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on plumbing estimate

I have inherited a house I'm trying to fix up to sell or rent out. I don't have a lot of money to do this, so I'm trying to save money everywhere I can.

The house needs new plumbing throughout; there is literally no plumbing. I'm wondering out of the following tasks they quoted, could I ask them to not do the following tasks and do them myself:

- Install kitchen sink and faucet.
    - Install bathroom vanities and faucet.

Are these tasks someone with no plumbing experience could do? I do have my father-in-law who has done basic plumbing help me if needed.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Dawn

Okay you are saying the house has no plumbing...

Lets get specific...

Are you replacing an existing kitchen sink and vanity sink where there are presently hookups?

Or,

Is there really no plumbing...
    and drains and supplies need to be run?
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Plumbing

When I got the house, there were no vanities, no kitchen sink, and what pipes were there were cut out/off. From the main water line there is no pipe.

So everything needs to be run.

Dawn

Comment

I actually bought a house like this, believe it or not. It's probably a good idea to find a plumber who can coordinate with your city or municipal water department so your water connection is up to their code and there is no problem with your metering or billing.

Comment

I would consider the skills needed to be beyond what most DIyers have.
          I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
          Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
          Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
          Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =