Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 41 stops working

Model 41. Problem started several weeks ago with occasional random shut down with the "flame" LED flashing in full force. That progressed into it happening more often and now it happens very regularly making the heater nearly useless.

The stainless dome in the bottom of the pot was just replaced as were the mat below it and the heat probe that fits into the side of the pot and runs over to a circuit board.

I have been told that the glue that is used to hold the mat down must be allowed to dry for 24 hours, otherwise it warps and can damage the dome above it. When the mat and dome were replaced two days ago the glue was not allowed to dry more than ten minutes so that could be a problem now on top of the original problem.

The flame burns yellow and is much lager than it use to be when the heater was operating correctly.

Of course the fuel supply and filters have been inspected and found to be good with the filters being replaced as a precaution.

I do not have enough money to toss this heater and need to have heat in the house, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, Jack

Rutland product No 77 is used to fasten the mat to the bottom of the combustion pot. It is impossible for the burner mat to curl up enough to touch the burner ring, given its distance away from the burner mat. The burner mat fits under and around the fuel channel in the bottom of the "pot." The burner mat sold through MPI is expensive for what you get. There is a reference material somewhere in this monitor thread which obtained from mcmaster-carr will last season to season and costs way less than a mat from MPI. Reasons for the burner display to flash are: plenum overheat, shorted flamerod, sooted up flamerod, lack of combustion air, no flame detected, no fuel to burner [for after a time delay unit goes into no flame lockout]

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!

I will get on this today.

Jack

Comment

New thread started with more up-to-date details.

Jack

Comment

Working...
        X
        =