Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas grill

Very low volumn of gas coming out at grill so I have a small flame (not enough to cook on).. Obvious, replaced tank with new filled one. Replaced hose and thermoncouple (sp) that feeds gas from tank to burners. Still, none of the three main burners are getting sufficient gas and neither is the side burner used for heating a pot. What else do I need to try?

Originally posted by dmrobertson View Post
    Very low volumn of gas coming out at grill so I have a small flame (not enough to cook on).. Obvious, replaced tank with new filled one. Replaced hose and thermoncouple (sp) that feeds gas from tank to burners. Still, none of the three main burners are getting sufficient gas and neither is the side burner used for heating a pot. What else do I need to try?
    if you find the regulator, take out the screw cap, down inside there is another screw that adjusts the pressure going to the burners. screwing it in increases
    the pressure to the burners. later paul

Comment

Something I experienced when I got an outside propane grill, is that I didn't screw the attachment hose on all the way so I was getting partial pressure to the burner head. That new fangled tank connection, the large brass thread and black plastic connector wasn't screwed in far enough. Try that before you make any adjustments to the regulator.

Comment

adjusting regulator

I could not get access to the screw in the regulator. What is the secret?

....Also, I tightened the attachment to the tank as firm as I could by hand. Should I use channel lcoks or vise grips for this?

Comment

I hate these things! Mine is rusted out where the gas comes out under the grill to cook on. So it doesn't matter how low you put on the gas for it still just pours out. I bet we are going to blow up one of these days when we light it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =