Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair fiberglass

How to repair fiberglass? Is there a spray glue that I can use to fix the crack in my fiberglass pipes?

I know there is a fiberglass resin wrap that is usually activated by water that you can purchase at most plumbing supply stores. Not sure how long it would last though. I believe it is mainly used for emergency repairs but i could be mistaken.
    Jtfoxman

Comment

When fiberglass becomes cracked or fractured, it can easily be repaired using fiberglass filler. Filler is thick like putty and requires a catalyst to harden. Fiberglass filler for body repairs can be found at your local fiberglass store or at your local marine supply store

Comment

What pipes are fiberglass ?
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Originally posted by mcguiredonald32 View Post
          How to repair fiberglass? Is there a spray glue that I can use to fix the crack in my fiberglass pipes?
          Fiberglass bonds to itself as long as its surface is scraped thoroughly. First, place a new piece of fiberglass in the crack and use a sandpaper to remove the rugged spots. The surface must be flat. Make sure that the entire surface is also clean and dry without any dust and grease. Be careful while you are doing this. You must use gloves and eye protection. Use a spray glue aerosol such as the HSC13 produced by Westech Aerosol because it is a lot easier as compared to epoxy. Just spray the adhesive to the surface. You can use a roller to apply uniform pressure and achieve maximum bonding strength. Wait for a few minutes until it is completely dried up. It is recommended that you read the instructions that come with the HSC13. This glue or adhesive spray is the best and safest in the industry today and the price is reasonable.

Comment

I have to agree with Pushkins.

Repairing fiberglass is easy, but, there is no code approved fiberglass pipe in the house DWV or water distribution system.

Comment

to Wintersa85

I work for Westech. I don't know who you are, but we NEVER advertise that our contact adhesives will work for this type of application!!

Please do not follow this advice - it is not authorized by Westech Aerosol.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =