• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Dishwasher has become noisy

Appliance: Frigidaire Precision Direct Wash System Dishwasher
    Model: FDB2415LFS0
    Purchase Date: 11/23/2007
    Problem: In the last few months, the dishwasher motor has become very noisy, with a loud whirring hum. The dishes are washed just fine, and it seems to fill and drain fine. The entire running time may be a little longer than normal, but I haven't confirmed that. The dishwasher is not quite 2.5 years old and is used about 2-3 times per week.

I have run it on the diagnostic cycle and determined that the noise occurs whenever the circulation motor is on (Wash/Heat/Dispense). The noise is constant from the point the dishwasher finishes filling until it starts the dry cycle.

I've taken off the kickplate, and can't see anything obvious; there's no leakage, nothing that seems to be binding or covering vents, nothing that looks or smells burnt.

What are my next options? Is this a DIY project, or do I need to call a professional? If it does require a motor replacement, is it worth it?

Thank you!
    Tracey

noise occurs whenever the circulation motor is on
    It could just be that a foreign object has gotten into the pump. It could also be a problem with the pump impellers or motor itself.

If it does require a motor replacement, is it worth it?
    That is something you will have to decide. You can see the motor for your model dishwasher at the following link:

LINK > Frigidaire FDB2415LFS0 Dishwasher Motor

Is this a DIY project, or do I need to call a professional?
    That would depend on the abilities of the person doing it. No special tools should be required.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =