Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: What kind of stain and how to clean

Where I work there are some sink/bathroom faucets that have stains that never come out when I clean them. I'm not sure what kind of stains or faucets they are, so I took pictures:

(EDIT: Mod Troy offered to help and did [images in his post below], since I'm still a newbie and can't post pictures, but also can't post links -- that's a double whammy!)

Anyway to remove those stains? Best pictures I could take.
    Looking for some kind of method that can work with existing normal cleaners one might have around as the business isn't going to shell out for specialty stuff, even if it works, like CLR.
    Last edited by TheNewNumber2; 04-13-2010, 08:28 PM. Reason: images

I'm not sure what stains your talking about but have you tried CLR or Lime away ?
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Here are the Images

A little late, sorry!!

Try

Comment

Thanks!

As I said, the pictures aren't that great. They're a little darker looking in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewNumber2 View Post
          Where I work there are some sink/bathroom faucets that have stains that never come out when I clean them. I'm not sure what kind of stains or faucets they are, so I took pictures:

(EDIT: Mod Troy offered to help and did [images in his post below], since I'm still a newbie and can't post pictures, but also can't post links -- that's a double whammy!)

Anyway to remove those stains? Best pictures I could take.
          Looking for some kind of method that can work with existing normal cleaners one might have around as the business isn't going to shell out for specialty stuff, even if it works, like CLR.
          I had some stains like that once, and i tried everything from the hardwares and other stores. I went to a supply store that sell supply's to restaurants and bars. I told them about the stains
          and they sold me a cleaning solvent that did not hurt the skin and did not
          bother the eyes. Don't remember what it was, but if you find a supply house like that they would have the right cleaners. I buy all my coil cleaners from this supply house. Later Paul

Comment

I never quite got a reply that fit with what I was asking, so I took chances and tried my own idea:

I already had some steel wool (all zero's grade -- finest), and standard Clorox cleaner, not used on the faucets since it is hard to get off and can mist, but this time I sprayed it intentionally and rubb vigerously in circles with the steel wool. Then I wiped it off and cleaned it off with another cleaner to remove the Clorox. This seemd to do the trick.

I will let some time pass to see if this doesn't cause deep down stains, or they jsut resurface after a while.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =