Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onkyo center channel not working

I have an Onkyo TX-DS696 receiver. The center channel does not work, nor does the center pre outs work when plunged into an external amplifier. Also, when performing a test tone procedure, again no sound from center channel. I do get a very low distorted sound from the center channel when I have the volume all the way up (may be crosstalk). Everything else is in perfect operating order. I am 99.99% positive there is not a user error, but something internally wrong. The settings are correct. Can anyone suggest anything?

it does sound like an internal fault, i agree. obviously the centre speaker is working fine? have you tried it on another channel just to make sure? if all is good with speaker then the fault could be further back in the decoder where the normal 2-channel stereo is split up to 5 channel etc. this is usually a big chip and expensive lol!! im not familier with this model at all, but are all your channels descrete, that is does each channel have its own amplifier or is it all driven from a multi-channel chip? if the outputs are descrete it may be a case of low/missing supply volts on the centre channel usually caused by a faulty output stage.

peter

Comment

Working...
    X
    =