Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leaking from underneath my refrigerator

Frigidiare side by side model FRS6HR35KW1. Water is leaking from underneath my refrigerator onto the floor. I checked the water supply line hose from the house's plumbing to where the hose connects to the refrigerator in the back and found no leak. The refrigerator was installed today.

Origin?

Water is leaking from underneath my refrigerator onto the floor.
    Are you certain it is not leaking out from the freezer section, through the door and onto the floor?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Da

Comment

Yes. There is no water leaking in the freezer section. It is coming from underneath the refrigerator.

Comment

Investigation needed

There is no water leaking in the freezer section.
        No visible ice on the floor of the freezer compartment?

I checked the water supply line hose from the house's plumbing to where the hose connects to the refrigerator in the back and found no leak.
        *IF* the water was coming from the water supply but not from the line TO the fridge, than it should only leak while the fridge was either dispensing water or the icemaker was filling. In either case someone would actually need to look at the fridge's external water lines and water valve(s) to see where the leak is originating.

The only other (but much more common) place for water to originate is defrost water that occurs every time the fridge goes into defrost. The most common cause of that water going where it shouldn't is a plugged defrost water drain in the freezer compartment, leading to ice there and then usually leaking out the door. Defrost water on the floor might also come from a leak in the drain tube from the bottom of the cabinet to the drain pan under the fridge (although pretty rare) or the drain pan itself cracked, just out of place or overflowing.

In the end actual investigation will be needed to isolate the origin of the leak before we'll be able to suggest how to correct it.

BTW. Don't put off searching for such a leak too long as damage could be done to your flooring.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The where I bought my refrigerator is sending out a technician. Hopefully the tech will find the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =