Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extending in-slab ductwork

I have a downflow furnace that blows into ductwork that is embedded in the concrete slab foundation. I would like to move my furnace, which will involve extending the ductwork in the slab. Is this possible? Is it something I can maybe do myself?

Thanks!

how far and in which direction?

Comment

about 15 feet of extension. the direction is towards the outside wall of the house, sort of towards the middle of one wall.

Comment

Originally posted by abarrie View Post
        I have a downflow furnace that blows into ductwork that is embedded in the concrete slab foundation. I would like to move my furnace, which will involve extending the ductwork in the slab. Is this possible? Is it something I can maybe do myself?

Thanks!
        This is a engineering question. You would not want to move the furnace and not have it work right. I would have to have a lay out floor plan
        of the home. Then i would have to have a lay out with sizing of the duct system. Also should have a blower performance chart of your furnace, to see
        what speeds and CFM of air your blower can move. Any info and pic. can be
        emailed to paulm989@hotmail.com later Paul

Comment

Originally posted by abarrie View Post

Thanks!
          Hi Paul here. I got your email floor plan and there is no info there to do any engineering so i guess you first have to take the furnace out
          and see what you have there. They make a under ground round duct that is pvc coated. it should have sand around it. they also have a pvc tape to seal the
          pipe joints. I can't tell you what size you need unless i have the duct sizes that are there, how many hot air opening and the size of the duct feeding them. You
          did not tell me the size of the house. If you have a lot of pipes coming off your plenum under the furnace then you might have trouble getting a 14 or 16" round to go to the new plenum. later paul

Comment

Working...
          X
          =