Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coins in washer

I have a front loading Whirlpool washer, model# LHW0050P. When the drum turns, even if I turn it by hand when it's empty, I hear a rattling sound.

I assume it's a coin or coins that I missed and fell out of my pocket during a load but I can't see them as they are now behind the drum (if that's what it is).

Is it something a DIY'er can do? (get them out) Or do I need a pro? Or should I not worry about it?

Thanks,
    Dan

I would take a look at an exploded diagram of the washer just to see how involved a process it would take to remove the drum. It may mean just taking off the front panel to see between the two drums.

Comment

Is it something a DIY'er can do?
      It will likely need disassembly of the machine to get to any coins in the drum area. Most front load washers are fairly complex to disassemble so you might want to call in a trained technician to look into it if you've never worked on one before.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Don't know how, but...

The rattling noise drove me nuts and a friend told me about how the same exact thing had happened to him-twice.

Each time the coins rattled around until they broke the machine's pump as it was made out of plastic (everything is these days). He had to have the pump replaced each time.

So, I tried again.

First, I cleaned out the small lint/water trap on the lower right corner of the front of the washer then I took off the top panel, looked around and then, with a little manipulating, took off the back panel.

I looked around with a flashlight and generally familiarized myself with the insides of the machine but it looked too complicated for me to mess around with when I wasn't sure of what I was doing so I basically just put it back together.

After doing that and moving the washer back into position I looked inside and saw a penny lying in the clothes compartment on the surface of the drum. I know for a fact that it wasn't there before, so I removed it and now there is no more rattling sound when I spin the drum.

So, I don't know how but "Yipee!!"
        Dan

Comment

Working...
        X
        =