Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to stop the ceramic toilet leak

How to stop the small crack at the ceramic toilet tank to leak?

I can see a small hair crack at the bottom side of toilet water tank.
    There is small droplets of water at the outside crack of the tank.
    Is there any kind of paint of simple coating I can apply to and stop the small leaks?

Thank you.

You can't

You can't.
    Replace the tank.

Comment

Any fix you could do is not likely to last. You can get a whole toilet for a little more than $100. Make sure your stop valve holds before you disconnect and if the fixture is caulked to the floor, cut through all the caulk to avoid pulling up the tile.

Comment

I like to attempt sealing this tiny hair crack without replace the entire toilet. Do you think nail polish will work? How can I get hold of those porcelain or ceramic coating ink or super glue?

Comment

Originally posted by jgy2001 View Post
          I like to attempt sealing this tiny hair crack without replace the entire toilet. Do you think nail polish will work? How can I get hold of those porcelain or ceramic coating ink or super glue?
          I would advise against that as have the others.

The next step for this tank is the crack to suddenly get much bigger when someone leans against the tank with them getting cut...

or,

Suddenly just crack on its own and flood your home if you are not there to discover it quickly enough...
          I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
          Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
          Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
          Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

you wanted an opinion - we gave you what you wanted. replace the tank. things can only get worse not better. porcelain is not forgiving.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =