Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run 2 Condenser's in series

A A/c friend of my suggusted that if I run another condenser in series with the working unit, using the second one to operate only the fan to cool the freon, this would be more efficient and keep the feon cooler.In turn help keep house cooler. I live in Houston, Texas and it is HOT.
    He did say we would have to run only the fan and it would only draw abot 3 to 4 amps.

Is it worth doing this and will it raise the electric bill any great amount ?

Does anyone have a feed back on this ??

it is understandable that running a condenser with more surface area would cool more freon than one unit. it would also add to the overall cost of the unit with respect to more freon being used. one condenser would make use of the condenser fan, the other one would just use regular convection for the air/heat exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by John1949 View Post
      A A/c friend of my suggusted that if I run another condenser in series with the working unit, using the second one to operate only the fan to cool the freon, this would be more efficient and keep the feon cooler.In turn help keep house cooler. I live in Houston, Texas and it is HOT.
      He did say we would have to run only the fan and it would only draw abot 3 to 4 amps.

Is it worth doing this and will it raise the electric bill any great amount ?

Does anyone have a feed back on this ??
      When a compressor pumps the gas up to a hi pressure it does get the gas hot.
      Running it around the out side coil drops the temp some but leaves the pressure
      up . If you cool it more than that you will drop the pressure going into the indoor coil. Never heard of any manufacture using or telling some one to do it.
      If he thinks it needs to be cooler run a water sprinkler in to the coil.
      Later Paul

Comment

Paul, I put that question to the A/C guy I thought about running the condensation on top of the coils, But he said that would damage the alumium fins.

Comment

Originally posted by John1949 View Post
          Paul, I put that question to the A/C guy I thought about running the condensation on top of the coils, But he said that would damage the alumium fins.
          So he is saying when it rains, it damages the aluminum fins? did not know that.
          later paul

Comment

Working...
          X
          =