Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corning RC-100 Range_Self Clean out

Probably a lost cause, but golly we like this range and she's still in excellent shape except the 'Self Clean' function's no longer operable. I've been told parts are not out there but was hoping what I need may be generic. When a person rotates the Oven Temperature Control to the 'Clean' position, you would normally hear the selenoid click (locking door) and the 'Clean' light would come on........niether of these occur.

Any suggestions welcome......otherwise my wife has told me I'm in charge of the 'Easy Off' detail.

TIA.

Investigation needed

When a person rotates the Oven Temperature Control to the 'Clean' position, you would normally hear the solenoid click (locking door) and the 'Clean' light would come on. neither of these occur. Any suggestions
    Someone would likely need to look into whether it was the control that was at fault or maybe just the solenoid or its wiring.

I've been told parts are [no longer available] but was hoping what I need may be generic.
    I have my doubts if it is any kind of control you need but if you provide all the numbers found on the failed component (maybe along with pictures), we'll see if we can trace them. Also, depending on exactly what component is needed there is a chance (although possibly just slim) that it might be able to be repaired.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Dan......I'll try to open up the control panal to at least have a look-see at the switch & test continuity there.....if I that turns up anything, will take pics & numbers.

Comment

Troy was going to try to help me upload the 3 pics for this post as the site is not allowing me.

Anyway......if he's successful I have a PDF of the wiring schematic as well as 2 pics
        My 1st thought was the solenoid but last week, out of the blue, that solenoid kicked over and locked the front door.....I've now disconnected it.

The panel rotary switch is the one on the right (viewed from back).
        Attached is wiring & 2 pics
        My 1st thought was the solenoid but last week, out of the blue, that solenoid kicked over and locked the front door.....I've now disconnected it.

The panel rotary switch is the one on the right (viewed from back).

Comment

Investigation needed

Troy was going to try to help me upload the 3 pics for this post
          I don't know how that is going to help find the cause. Someone will likely have to actually investigate the appliance itself. There's not a lot that can be done from afar to try to trace the problem.

JMO

Dan O.

Comment

OK fine......just thought the schematic might lead to a suggest of where to check continuity. Thanks anyway.

Comment

My thought are there is a small microswitch or an extra contact on your oven control that actuates the clean portion and lock up solenoid.

Comment

Images

Here's the images he was referring to:

Rotary switch.jpg

Solenoid-and-lever.jpg

corning-wiring.jpg

by the way I had to resize them to get it to work, they were huge! File sizes are limited on this server.
                Try

Comment

Originally posted by Troy

Here's the images he was referring to. by the way I had to resize them to get it to work, they were huge!
                  Unfortunately the wiring diagram at that size is unreadable.

just thought the schematic might lead to a suggest of where to check continuity.
                  Someone would need to trace the wiring route from the solenoid and test everything in the electrical path. If the wiring diagram shows the switching of the switch contacts, the terminals on the switch for the lock solenoid would have to be isolated and then tested.

JMO

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com
                  The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

You have simple Adobe Reader?.....that PDF can easily be cranked to 400%.....has good res.....I can read all.

Yep.....I am tearing into this again this weekend....will try to trace to see what stands between nothing and engaging clean.....still think it may be something simple since all other op is good.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GreggT

You have simple Adobe Reader?.....that PDF can easily be cranked to 400%
                      Too bad a link to the PDF wasn't supplied, just a resized JPG image. That was apparently due to the large file size of the original as Troy stated. (Not that it would likely to have helped anyway)

JFYI

Dan O.

Comment

Pretty hard to get the file (readable) down to 19KB (apparently the limet).....but thanks for trying to help anyway......appreciated.

Comment

19KB apparently the limet
                          The limit for posting here. Upload it elsewhere and then just link to it from here. But as I said, it likely won't help us to tell you were the problem is regardless.

JMO

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =