Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Dryer Noise

We have a Kenmore HE2 Dryer that's 2-3 years old. Recently, everytime we turn on the dryer, it makes a really loud noise, like a drum roll. It dries the clothes fine. As long as the dryer is on, noise continues, but sounds like something metal clanging around in the dryer (inside the mechanics, not where the clothes go). Then, when the dryer stops its cycle, again, the very loud drum roll-like noise. Any ideas?

Model number??

Kenmore HE2 Dryer that's 2-3 years old
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number ("HE2" isn't it). If you post it we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

every time we turn on the dryer it makes a really loud noise, like a drum roll.
    Maybe there are coins inside one of the 'vanes' (aka 'paddles') inside the drum??

I can't think of anything else that could make the sound you describe. The common parts to fail on a dryer will usually either make a squealing sound or just cause a slow thumping of the drum as it turns, like a flat tire.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I also think some small metallic items from pockets are stuck somewhere in the drum, try locating them maybe by slightly shaking the drum.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =