Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 2400 e13 error code

What does an E13 error code mean? My monitor has been disconnected for 6 months (I do this every year from April to October to save money) and when I turned on the fuel and plugged the monitor in the e13 code came up. Now what else can I try?

E-13 indicates no fuel to the heater. Look on the bottom right side of the heater. You'll see two small screws and a large screw. Shut off fuel flow to the heater. Make a U shaped channel with a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil and place it under what you see there. remove the LARGE screw. This bleeds off any fuel in the sump. Now remove the two smaller screws and the plate and gasket. Pull out the spring which is connected to the stainless steel filter basket. Clean the filter with GUMOUT. Use a Q tip with GUMOUT on it and clean out the recess where the filter element went. Re-assemble the chamber, turn on the fuel and start the heater. Press the RED button. This will release the internal float.

Comment

Monitor e13

Thank you, I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Comment

Before you start, shut off the heater with the push button and unplug the heater. This will reset the computer. When you get the E-13 or E-14, the computer locks out. E-13 means no fuel, no ignition, no flame. E-14 means flame rod malfunction. I have a vented 2400 here at my house.

Comment

Hello HayZee518, Just a quick note to tell you I finally got around to installing the new burn ring in my 2400. Ordered the mat and gasket material you suggested and picked up a tube of Rutland 77 cement. All went well and the unit fired right up, has a beautiful blue and even flame. I am now able to program the unit for night time temps and have it warm up before I get up in the morning. Got the burn ring from Jimmy55 for $76 & change with no sales tax nor shipping chg. Thanks again for all the hand holding and advice.

Gooseneck

Comment

I'm so glad I was of some assistance. there are forums and there are "forums." I don't like to be pushed around the outsides of a solution. Monitors are simple in operation but troubleshooting them can ba a hassle.
            Again, Thank You for the feedback!

Comment

Igniter shield

Gooseneck, How did the welding of the shield go?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                I'm so glad I was of some assistance. there are forums and there are "forums." I don't like to be pushed around the outsides of a solution. Monitors are simple in operation but troubleshooting them can ba a hassle.
                Again, Thank You for the feedback!

HayZee, I just got a good deal on a 442, a 41, and a 275 G. tank a little over half full. Having grown up in Alaska Ive seen many people use these Monitors but these are my first. Im aware these are old, but Im pretty mechanically inclined and I would like to hook one up while I rebuild the other one then vice versa followed by running them both on separate floors in my house. I noticed you refer to the "manual" in a few of your posts, I found the link on the second page 3 posts up ( this site wont allow me post the URL to it until I have 15 posts ) but the pdf file has been deleted, or run out of date or something. I dont know for some reason the file site Mediafire is refusing to make it available. Is there a way it can still be down loaded elsewhere. I also want to thank you for your many posts Im sure they will be alot of help in my quest for knowledge concerning these projects.

Comment

Monitor products have this liability thing - that's why they don't publish a repair namual. If you do your own repairs and something messes up either through your own fault or a part or device malfunction you can hold Monitor responsible for the fault. If their techs make the repair then Monitor will cover the fix. That being the case, ask me anything you have and I will try to explain the repair. I asked the admin official to put up this Monitor sub-section. There's a lot of information within, you just have to look for it.

Comment

HeaZee I appreciate your candor but this is the information era. These service manuals shouldnt be treated like a top governmental secret.
                    In fact these service manuals sell on ebay for $25. The guy is selling quite a few of them like a black market item. Im willing to bet the majority of those people have read these posts. Most people may attempt to rebuild one get tired of basking in kero or simply give up bringing their heaters to a dealer in pieces for any number of reasons. They may even look at the parts break down and not attempt it from the git.

People only rebuild them because they cant afford otherwise along with trying to save on their winter heating budget.
                    Its really to bad this is happening, and probly the main reason this company is faltering. Especially in this economy, this company should be catering to its customers needs. Liberal Policies come to mind but...

Comment

Monitor 2400

We have a monitor 2400 that the what I would guess is the sump pump inside the unit , over flows ... we turn off the switch from the tank to stop the flow of fuel to the unit . Don't know what to do , we have a tray full of fuel and the house stinks .... what could be the problem we have tried everything that we can think of ... float is working , attachs to magnet inside .. it just wont stop the flow of fuel ... Help we are cold !!!! My husband is getting very upset and so am I cuz we are cold !!!!! Can someone please tell what else could be the problem ... not sure if there should be a gaset there or not , but the isn't don't know if it got lost when husband took it apart or if there was never one there.

Comment

replace the float and needle valve assembly. when the float rises, its supposed to shut off fuel flow. yours might be missing the rubber seat and seal.
                        Between the float and sump base is a tiny O ring maybe he forgot this piece.
                        Last edited by HayZee518; 12-24-2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =