Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix leaking patch in balcony floor insu

I recently found a leak from a bad patch on my balcony floor insulation. It is on one of the floor edges and water is going through and drips into my garage which is below. I hope that the attached image will give some extra support. How should I deal with this issue?
    Detailed fix
    0%
    tools and materials
    0%

Your balcony floor insulation? I assume that what I am looking at is a type of modified roofing material. Usually they would use a rolled roofing material and lap it up under the siding about 6". There are different caulking compounds that can be used for repairs and patches, but you need to know what type of modified roofing material was used.

Modified Bitumen (MB) is asphalt that has had modifiers added to it to give it plastic or rubber-like properties. The most common types of modifiers being used are APP (Atactic Polypropylene) and SBS (Styrene Butadiene Styrene).

Each of these products are installed in a different manner and when making repairs, you have to use a product that works with them specifically. You need to find out exactly what type of material you are dealing with, and then you can determine what materials you will need to make a repair.

Good Luck,

Buck

Comment

Working...
    X
    =