Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Replacement

Have to replace my house and detached garage roofs. They're both currently shingles, the garage leaks, the house doesn't but it's really old. I'd like to replace the garage with a metal roof and the house with a shingle roof simply because the metal roofs are so loud when it rains, it sounds deafening. The garage is only about 10 feet from the house so its going to look really strange unless the roofs look as similar as possible. Is there any way to do this or should I just put shingles on both? BTW, I live up North and we get lots of snow and ice every winter.

The metal roof is better for heavy snow loads. As for color matches, you would no doubt be limited, but could probably get pretty close. Contact a local roofing supplier and talk with one of their sales reps. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction for the materials and perhaps recommed an installer that can handle both applications. Most shinglers don't install metal roofs......I have to say that the color that comes to mind is Green

Good Luck,

Buck

Comment

Working...
    X
    =