Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Composite Roof.. Moss Control

Which is better to control moss growth on a composite roof?? (1) apply yearly application of powered moss control product or (2) install a zinc strip on peak of roof?

Although I have quit a bit of experience in roofing, that is a tough question. Moss is unusual on a roof. The zinc strip is used primarily for the control of black mold that will grow on shingles. I'm not familure with the powdered moss control product.

My experience with the zinc strips however would lead me to believe that they would not control a moss growth problem well. So, by the process of elimination, I would go with the powder I hope this helps, but would recommend you follow it up with a better source.

Good Luck,

Buck

Comment

The zinc strip may be effective for short term but will need periodic replacement as it will lose its effectiveness rather quickly. It will also leave an undesired metal line on the roof . Sodium percarbonate is what you want to use every few years. The most cost effective form of this is Stain Solver. You can also apply a sealant afterwords to help prevent moss and moisture.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =