Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamberlain garage door keeps forgetting code

I have a Chamberlain 1/3 HP garage door opener (this is all that it says on it ... it does not say "liftmaster" or anything else). I am successfully able to program opener remotes, a Homelink in-car opener, and a outdoor keypad.

The problem is that every 2-3 weeks both remotes & the outdoor keypad stop working. The garage door still works from the wall-pad on the inside of the garage, but the indoor wall-pad blinks repeatedly. If I hit the green 'learn' button on the garage door opener and have it re-learn the code from just one remote, then *everything* starts working normally again.

Works fine for a couple weeks, then it has this same problem again. I've tried changing batteries & troubleshooting with the guide ... any other thoughts?

Also: The last time that this happened, I didn't re-learn the codes right away, and a few days later, the garage door opener started working normally again! Very weird. I am thinking that there must be some electrical or computer problem ... how would I check for this?
Working...
X
=