X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem lighting Superior Vent Free Fireplace

So the quick take is:

Model VF6000cmn-2

I can get the pilot started with the pilot knob depressed...after holding this in for a while I release the pilot and the pilot remains lit...most of the time

When I press again and try to turn to the ON position the pilot goes out.

I note that the flame does not appear to be touching the thermocouple; if so just barely.

I brushed the thermocouple and thermopile with a mild abrasive pad to remove any buildup....

Is this a pilot assembly problem or could I have a valve problem...how do I find out

Much thanks..tim

Originally posted by StLTim View Post
    So the quick take is:

Model VF6000cmn-2

I can get the pilot started with the pilot knob depressed...after holding this in for a while I release the pilot and the pilot remains lit...most of the time

When I press again and try to turn to the ON position the pilot goes out.

I note that the flame does not appear to be touching the thermocouple; if so just barely.

I brushed the thermocouple and thermopile with a mild abrasive pad to remove any buildup....

Is this a pilot assembly problem or could I have a valve problem...how do I find out

Much thanks..tim
    The pilot flame has to go around the thermocouple
    at least 1/2". You are not producing enough power, so when you try to open the valve the pilot goes out. Clean the pilot and see if you get the right flame. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
    X
    =