Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore dishwasher won't turn off

I have a Kenmore 665.13849 dishwasher. I replaced a dead control panel. The washer now washes , but won't shut off. Water continues to run thru it until I push 'cancel/drain.' When I open the door, dishes are clean & steam comes out.

Did I get a bad control panel, or do I have an additional problem?

Thanks for your help.

Kenmore 665.13849 dishwasher
    That model number is incomplete. Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag?

Kenmore dishwasher... continues to run thru it until I push 'cancel/drain.' When I open the door, dishes are clean & steam comes out.
    How long did you wait for it to finish? Some models have several 'thermal holds' during a wash cycle which will retard finishing of the cycle... but not for ever. If the control isn't properly detecting the wash water temperature, the wash cycle may be extended by several hours but not indefinitely.

I replaced a dead control panel.
    Did you recheck all the connections to make sure they're tight and on the proper terminals?

Did I get a bad control panel, or do I have an additional problem?
    Either may be a possibility. I would have a tenancy to trust a new part (if truly new and not used, 'rebuilt' or from eBay) and recheck everything else first.

BTW. If you bought the replacement part from Sears and it has an "R" in the part number, that part has been rebuilt.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Tonite the dishwasher worked.

I turned off the power for a few minutes to see if a reset would help. After 1 1/4 hours, the washing stopped, drained, pause for a few minutes. Then it refilled, ran for a few minutes, drained & refilled again, then ran for about 25 minutes. It drained & stopped. After about 10 minutes the 'clean' light came on.

I'm hoping it will stay fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =