Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt pool light

I have a 12 volt Hayward Color Logic underwater pool light that I want to use to replace a 110 volt light.

I will be using the Fiberstars wirfeless 110 volt controller. I know that I will have to use a transformer to reduce the voltage from 110/115 to 12 volts.

This controller has no timer clock just a wireless module that will allow you to use it as wireless remote or manual. It has 3 switches which can be flipped off, on, manual or remote. 1 Switch is used to control the light and this leaves 2 to be used for other appliances.

My question is: Do I need to reduce the voltage berore going to the controller or after leaving the controller and going to the light?

If I reduce it before going to the controller then ALL switches/appliances will only controll 12 volt appliances but if I reduce it after the controller and before the light, this will leave 2 of the switches open that can only control 110/115 volt appliances.

Is this correct?
    Can I use the 110 volt controller for 12 volt light with a transformer

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Tom

ok, is this a replacement for a wet niche or dry niche fixture. a wet niche fixture is completely submerged and the forming shell is always flooded with pool water. a dry niche the lamp is submerged but all the wiring connections are in a junction box above the pool deck and completely out of the water.

Comment

12 Volt light

All the connections are in a Hayward junction box that is inside the diving board stand above the deck.

Forgot to tell you the 12 volt light is Hayward Color Logic LED Model SP0524LED100 and the controller is: Fiberstars Wireless LT Control 12Volt Model RM-400. The controller has been discontinued as I have had it some time and used it with my 110 volt light.

Tom
      Last edited by TGMcCallie; 10-25-2010, 12:09 AM. Reason: Model numbers

Comment

I looked at the site and from what I deduced, the electrics are out of the water in that junction box, so you have 120 volts at the diving board. the controller and lamp are under water. only two wires plus any control wiring for the motor. the receiver would be in the junction box. they say max wire length 50 feet.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =