Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time around monitor 422

thanks to hawkins111 and hayzee 518, i had the info i needed to glue a new burner cloth in my 422. i took it apart taking cell phone photos at every stage. i put the sheet metal screws into the compartments of a plastic tackle box. the combustion ring was badly warped, grounding the flame detector rod. there was no accumulation of crud in the burner, but about 1/2 of the cloth was laying over the ignitor. i cleaned the pot with a 1/4" drill, flexible extension bit, cup brush and o.d. brush. I used rutland #77 cut with a little water to get an even coating on the bottom and put in a new mpi burner cloth. It isn't a very good product at any price. next time, i'll cut my own cloth from acrylic fiberglass. i do like their ceramic gasket cloth. it's about 1/4" thick, cuts easily and doesn"t pack down. reassemblying, i used permatex rtf gold 700 degree rtf to dot the screw holes. while i was cleaning the circulator fan, out of curiosity i set the blade on a center punch. it was way out of balance. maybe that contributes to bearing wear. i've noticed that some of the parts in the 422 are noticeably cheaper than my 22. the 422 also seems to run and cycle differently from the 22. the 422 runs hotter, even with the same manometer readings. how does that work?

could be because of the makeup of the steel they made the combustion pot from. the manometer readings are taken from the output of the blower to the combustion pot chamber. the 22 came out before the other whole series of heaters did before they started firing with propane.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =